About the Company:
A turn-key industrial mechanical contracting company focused on process equipment installations primarily for pharmaceutical, food & bev, chemical, and semiconductor manufacturing facilities. Self-performing process piping, hygienic piping, process electrical, controls and instrumentation, custom fabrication, millwright, and rigging services in environments governed by strict quality and safety standards.
About the Position:
Hiring for a Director of Preconstruction responsible to develop, manage and direct three key areas: Project proposals involving multiple trades, design/assist projects, and projects requiring the utilization of Virtual Design and Construction modelling (VDC). This position requires high-level executive management responsibility and reports directly to the CEO.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or Construction Management.
- Estimating and industrial project management experience.
- Project experience within Life Sciences and a working knowledge of pharmaceutical processes.
- Knowledge of industrial process systems, components, and function.
- Experience with BIM and VDC models and an understanding of their capabilities.
- Specific experience with project set-up and turn-over, construction document evaluation, development of conceptual budgets, estimating, schedule development, project controls, in-house staff direction, financial flows, contract terms and compliance, field direction, subcontract management, and vendor management.
- History of managing design-build or design-assist projects with knowledge of design/planning principles and procedures.
- Specific experience developing estimates and budgets from narrative or schematic design information, interpreting blueprints, and understanding specifications.
- Ability to translate client project requirements into budgets and estimates for project managers.