About the Company:
A Construction Services company specializing in interiors and renovations for a national portfolio that includes commercial clients, state & local agencies, US Military Branches, Federal Agencies, and Prime contractors.
About the Position:
Hiring for a Senior Estimator, responsible to manage a team of estimators - ensuring proper scope and coverage on bids, optimal subcontractor coverage, and no gaps in scope. The Sr. Estimator will participate in the Preconstruction Meetings each week with the rest of the management team, as well as the sales Go/No-Go process.
- 10+ years estimating projects up to $30M (list of successfully won projects with values and states in which projects were located). At least 25% of the projects on the list should fall within the $20-$30M (or higher) range.
- 4-year college degree in a construction related field.
- Previous security clearances or eligibility to obtain is a plus but not required.
- Significant estimating experience should be on federal projects within the DC, MD, VA, WVA, and PA regions.
- Significant experience and success estimating and winning Education, Healthcare, State and Local government projects in MD, DC, VA, WVA, PA region.
- Extensive relationships with subcontractor networks within the area of operations as defined above.
- Demonstrated experience and success in Pre-Construction including Construction Manager- At Risk Delivery Methods in State and Local and/or Federal Projects.
- Demonstrated experience and success in Design-Build Delivery Methods in State and Local and/or Federal Projects.
- Ability to perform detailed take offs.
- Ability to develop detailed scope sheets for subcontractors.
- Ability and demonstrated experience in negotiating with subcontractors.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and managing project specific subcontractor outreach programs.
- Experience with, and demonstrated success with achieving MDOT MBE, and DC CBE compliance.