We are looking for a Senior Utility Integration Manager to lead utility integration (Natural Gas & Electric Interconnections). The Senior Utility Integration Manager will understand the cost and timeline of gas and electric interconnections and support the EPC team by apply for, managing and obtaining interconnection service for all microgrid projects. This person will meet with utilities, coordinate interconnection engineering activities and manage the overall grid integration process through commissioning.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering (or experience substantial Utility Integration experience in lieu of education).
- Has been primary lead on interconnection process (primary interface with Utility)
- Extensive knowledge of the interconnection process (distributed generation interconnects preferred) and have experience in multiple ISOs to include ERCOT, CAISO, PJM, ISO-NE, etc.
- Proven ability and success applying for new interconnection transmission request
- Experience with power system protection
- Own and manage interconnection and electric and gas integration process
- Provide knowledge and technical input to the Development, Engineering and Construction teams regarding company's project pipeline
- Perform due-diligence on interconnection process for projects to adequately estimate timing and cost impacts, and provide guidance to origination, development engineering and finance teams.
- Work with engineering team to file all interconnect applications while identifying critical milestones, cost estimates and potential issues and communicate them to the team.
- Attend utility and ISO / RTOI project specific and stakeholder meetings
- Evaluate projects' design against utility requirements
- Support engineering in optimizing projects design and equipment selection considering grid interconnection requirements
- Support internal teams in project commissioning and grid integration / power system issue root cause analysis and resolution.
- Perform load flow, short circuit and dynamic studies for utility scale projects